Selling Your Engagement Ring Tips
If you want to sell your engagement ring, here are some things to keep in mind.
1. Shop Around - Get your ring appraised: Take your engagement ring to a reputable jewelry appraiser in your area to determine its approximate value. Make sure to ask for an Estate Appraisal or Fair Market Value, this will help you set a realistic price when it’s time to sell. Once you have the appraisal, send me a copy to at AndrewFab@Fabon5th.com. We will evaluate the appraisal, and respond with an offer we think is fair based upon the appraisal and current markets. If you are in the NY area, you can always contact us for a complimentary appraisal.
2. You can sell your engagement ring through various channels, such as online marketplaces, consignment stores, or auction houses. Consider the fees and commissions (which can be high) associated with each option and price your ring accordingly. At Andrew Fabrikant & Sons we offer the best way to sell your engagement ring, on the spot. If you are in the NY area make an appointment to visit our office. You will witness the evaluation process in front of you, and in the end, you’ll feel better understanding how the value was determined.
3. Seems simple but, Clean Your Ring: Make sure your engagement ring looks its best when you present it for sale. We clean the jewelry for our clients all the time, often before appraisal. You can use a jewelry cleaner at home. Diamonds can be cleaned with a toothbrush and dishwashing detergent, or window cleaning solution.
4. Take high-quality photos with your cell phone: If you plan to sell your ring online, take high-quality photos of your engagement ring from different angles to showcase its beauty and features. Diamonds look best in bright daylight. If possible, take photos on a white sheet of blank printer paper, or something white such as a t-shirt. If you decide to sell your ring through our website Fabon5th.Com, photos are complimentary.
5. Meet with potential buyers (but be careful): We do not recommend meeting with unknown individuals, be careful of online scams. Only meet with licensed diamond and jewelry buyers who have established businesses. Do your homework. Make sure to look up the reputation of each business you meet with beforehand. Bring your appraisal and any documentation you have about the ring.
6. Consider your payment options: Decide on a payment method that works best for you, such as cash, check, or online payment services. At Andrew Fabrikant & Sons we offer all three forms of payment.
Please remember to be careful and protect yourself when you sell an engagement ring. It's essential to only work with reputable buyers and to get everything in writing, including a bill of sale and proof of payment.